Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Makeup Bag for a 1-month Vacation

Here is what I brought to Egypt with me during my 1 month vacation there. I'm not saying all my choices were the right ones though and I'll you what I personally would have done differently if I was leaving again right now.

List of products below is from the top left downwards, middle downwards, right side downwards finishing with the brushes.

Cleanser:
Julep cleansing oil
Bioderma cleanser

Moisturizer:
Nivea (pot with pink top)

Primer:
(eyes) Hard Candy
(face) Avon Magix
(face) Benefit Porefessional sample

Blush:
Benefit Dandelion
Lippy Girl in Tongue in Cheek

Bronzer:
NYC in Sunny

Concealer:
IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye

Foundation (BB Cream):
Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Bright Fit

Powder:
Eminence Sun Defense SPF 30 powder

Eye Shadow:
Quo Back to Basics
Wet N Wild trio

Lips:
Benefit posietint
Maybelline Baby Lips
Revlon Colorburst laquer in balm in Demure
Revlon Colourburst matte balm in Elusive
Avon glazewear shine in darling pink
Sugarfresh balm

Eyeliner:
Tokidoki marker liner

Mascara:
Benefit They're Real

BRUSHES.... Well, it's just a variety of brushes for foundation, blush, bronzer, eyes...

After all this

I made a couple mistakes. First of all, I should have brought a better variety of lip products, because it always came down to a very natural balm or glossy look. A real lipstick and a more vibrant shade would've been useful for different looks for one month. Second, I brought the WRONG eyeliner. I wish I brought Urban Decay's 24/7 in Zero instead, which can be used on the waterline, and simply looks waaaaaay better than this one in all situations. That was a bummer. I also needed a setting powder or finishing powder.



3 comments:

  1. nice choice! but you're right about the variety of lipsticks, they do not take up much space, but can change a look instantly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I go again in 2 years, I'll know what to do and what not to do ;) And now I have Naked Basics so if I haven't upgraded my eye shadow stash in 2 years, that's the one I'm bringing! hehe

      Delete
  2. I think its a learning curve when you travel..your like me and if I could I would probably travel with all my make up. I have toned down what I pack now and I really sit and think what looks I want for day and night and will try to stick with that and perhaps through in another lip stick as a just in case. Thank good for palettes eh?

    ReplyDelete