Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My "Low-Buy" Rules

RULES:

1-      No more than 2 beauty box subs per month
2-      No more than 1 “lifestyle” box sub per month
3-      Allowance fot the boxes cannot be transferred
4-      No buying products in categories I already have products in. These are to be 1 in, 1 out.
5-      No buying eye shadow products until I figure out one decent eye shadow look AND wear eye   shadow 3 days in the same week at work
6-      Products can be used up, given or thrown out to allow for room.


These are my main rules at the moment.

I have some room to grow because there are things I don't own any of yet... I only have 2 blushes, one red one and one light pink. I'm looking for a more coral type blush right now to add to my  stash. I'm also looking for a highlighter and possibly some translucent powder. I'd be open to adding a matte lipstick too since I have none. I also have some lip colours I don't really have anything of that could possibly be added to my stash...

I'm trying to manage beauty boxes because I don't want to go overboard. I was so close to subscribing to Beauty Box 5 and I've been interested in Starlooks too, but that will wait. I'm hoping Topbox flops soon so I can try something new soon lol.

I don't have any "lifestyle" boxes yet but I'm open to adding a bath type box, probably the seasonal one, I forget the name.

6 comments:

  1. Great post hun! Love your rules! I need to cut down a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Lucy btw lol I'm signed into my other acct

      Delete
  2. Great rules Candice!
    I totally agree if you have nothing like it in your collection already then it is ok to buy something.
    Im giving myself the rule of only $20 a month for beauty related stuff. And I need to really think about the purchase beforehand. Not just buy cause the color is pretty. If I have 7 red lipsticks then I dont need anymore. But if I only have 1 nude lipstick then I can buy one. I am hoping that by not going cold turkey I can stick to it and not buy little things here and there.
    I wish you continued success on your low-buy!!
    :) Chelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your rules - I like the concept of a low-buy a bit better than a no-buy :)

    I also nominated you for a Liebster Award! http://citygirl55.blogspot.ca/2013/01/liebster-award-x2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to make some rules like these for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am doing the same also :)

    No reason to keep buying when you have tonnes of product that isnt being used up. Its just a waste!

    ReplyDelete