Friday, December 7, 2012

No-Buy

I'm part of a group on Facebook called Beauty No-Buy Support Group and it's really doing the job at making me not buy stuff. Actually, it has made me start hating subscription boxes! I'm so close to just cancelling them!

After 6 months of getting on average 3 boxes or so, I'm officially loaded with products and it will take me a while to get them all used up. Skincare products were things I loved to get in boxes, but I'm having a bit of an overdose because after trying a  bunch of new things and having a great time doing it, I was able to tweak my skincare routine pretty good and I now just want to repurchase my regular, most favourite moisturizer, a facial oil I tried, an exfoliating scrub I got as a sample and the only thing I want to add that I haven't figured out is a cleansing oil. With the no-buy, I can't do any of that until I've used up my samples. So the LAST thing I want is more! lol

And darn it!!! I got 3 pimples in the past 2 weeks because of my skincare habits and it's so all over the place that I don't even really know what caused them! I have a feeling it was the eclos cream from Ipsy so it's in my "done" pile even if I have some left...

If anyone wants to rip their hair out with me in the No-Buy group, here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/311611098943264/

See you there! Merry merry no-buy Christmas. muahahahahaha hohohohoho :P

11 comments:

  1. Because of a skin intolerance to an acne item (Kellots) I got in one of my beauty boxes I have discovered a new skin care routine (La Roche Posey) so I tend to stick with what I know and I ended up giving away alot of the skin care items I got in those boxes for fear of another bad break out.

    I am getting a little annoyed with some of the boxes and will be cancelling more in the new year.

    One step at a time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Laroche Posay, I used to use them before I discovered my now favourite brand.

      Delete
  2. yes we should practice no-buy habit once a while.i didnt realize it bt i am doing it nowadays,after having spent a fortune on beauty n skin care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have close to nothing and I was perfectly fine so now that I've experimented with different products, I think I'm ok with repurchasing my faves as I need them. A little extra once in a while I guess!

      Delete
  3. I cancelled all of my boxes because they were fun at first but the excitement and anticipation of what I was going to get quickly wore off. I am now swimming in samples and feel guilty everytime i buy something cause I have so much at home. I love going on that facebook group and seeing/getting the support of others from the beauty community. Keep up the good work with your no-buy! I had a slip but Im back on the right path now :)
    :) Chelsey
    http://industrialdimestoremagic.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see how the excitement of the boxes can wear off after a while. Good on you for being self aware enough to know that you have plenty. Now use it up quick so you can buy more! lol jk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to...but I'm obsessed. I don't know what's wrong with me. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not ready to say no to buying yet...I'm not ready although I do a feel a lot of guilt sometimes when I organize my samples...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you get them used up though, I like your system a lot!

      Delete
  7. Hey Candice I nominated you for a liebster award! :) Chelsey

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first step is always admitting you have enough.

    I went on a strict no buy a while back and it was the best thing for me.
    Now I am better at managing money for beauty related items.

    I wish you success on your no buy dear.

    ReplyDelete