Thursday, November 8, 2012

October 2012 Glossybox (Canada)

I got my Glossybox in the mail the other day. It was late since it was the wrong month AGAIN and I'd seen a bunch of other people getting it already. Getting it so late didn't make me very excited to write this post but here it is anyway!

I thought the box was good but I am still very glad to have cancelled. I would not want to have paid 21$ for it. The waiting and lateness took away from the experience and the box is not any better than when we were paying 15$ so it reinforces my decision to have cancelled.

Here's the box: 



I got:

- Gilette Venus + Olay razor

  • Another razor? It's a useful product to have and all, but it's not exciting and it's a bit soon for another razor in my box I find. 

- duo lip product by ModelCo

  • It's great to get this type of product but I don't love it that much. It's so huge and bulky... The colour is not "me". It's a bit too brown and makes me look too mature, lol. Still, I will make use of it sometimes. It's always a gamble with lip products though and I have to say that the last one, the Glossybox lipstick, was a HUGE winner for me and I wear it often. 

- Zoya nailpolish in Scarlet

  • I love this extremely sheer polish. I'm the type of girl who would put *just* a topcoat on my nails so this is like a much better alternative to that. It is a bit of a foggy clear colour. I find it a MNBB (my nails but better) type of polish.

- Jouviance 5ml sample

  • I'm really not excited about this because I've gotten a sample of their creams before. I have not tried the other one so this is a sample that will do nothing for a while. 

- Sebastian Trilliance shampoo + conditioner

  • Shampoo and conditioner samples don't really excite me at all and it's one of those products that I will use for sure but can't imagine having an amazing experience with. I simply don't have amazing experiences with shampoos and conditioner, it's a product category I don't care about. 

Overall


The razor is useful and has a worth, the Zoya polish is something I might've gotten for myself, the shampoo and condionner is useful and the ModelCo lip duo is something I was happy to try even if it's not as great as I wanted so overall, not a bad box at the 15$ price. Not great at the 21$ price though for me personally and I feel that my decision to cancel has been justified. I'm not at all disappointed with not getting next month's box. 

7 comments:

  1. I'm now living vicariously through you and your beauty boxes :) It's fun to read about what all you got and what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated the packaging of the flipstick. I thought it was bulky as well. Plus what is up with the useless mirror? I kept the box for this month to see what it would be like but I am pretty sure things will be cancelled at the end of the year. I like my Zoya polish and its a shade I will be using alot of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this box sucks compared to most of the other ones - eeee! glad you cancelled, it's nice when a decision get confirmed eh? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I subbed to a new one (ipsy) and I'm keeping Topbox a while longer but overall I'm pretty sure I'll unsub to all of them at some point. It will soon become more stuff that I can use, lol

      Delete
  4. we got the exact same box! i thought the dusk lipstick was too brown for my skintone too. i've already been charged for november and i have december as a free box... i think i might cancel after that. although there's a slight chance i'll stick around until january to see if they do anything for their 1 year anniversary box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey gorgeous, I am currently having a giveaway over on my blog at the moment, I would love for you to check it out :)
    Punky Pugs Beauty products Giveaway
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've decided to keep GlossyBox for a little longer because I've always been happy with the products I've received. I'm not very happy with Topbox at the moment though *sighs*

    New follower, Follow back?

    simplyblushed.com

    ReplyDelete