Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Lip Tar in Memento IMPRESSIONS

 
 
I ordered from Sephora's recently (BTW, to any interested, it was shipped MUCH faster than last time and was very reasonable as far as delay. MUCH MUCH improved) and one of the items that I ordered is an OCC lip tar (MEMENTO)
 
This is a very *hot* product lately, with everyone raving crazy about how opaque and pigmented it is with great wear time. Here are my impressions with my lip tar:
 
Memento is a very neutral shade. I find it very beautiful but it's certainly not a show stopper type of colour, it's just nice. It's "me". They have some of the most amazing shades for people who are more adventurous than me. Actually, they have a colours all the way to blue and yellow!
 
The product comes in a small plastic pouch with a little brush.
 

IMPRESSIONS

 
The product is a bit more work than I normally put into a lip product. Since I choose neutral shades, I don't have to be very careful about application normally since it's close to my natural lip colour. Though this shade too is very natural, it's a bit trickier to apply since it's easy to put too much. The good thing is though that you really only need the tiniest amount of product! It's quite impressive.
 
I loved the look it gave. It felt nice on the lips. It lasted long enough and did not look all weird as it was coming off (from drinking, etc).
 
I would definitely recommend this product to a person, but I'm sure it's more impressive and "worth it" in a bit of a brighter shade. In this very neutral shade and for a very low-maintenance type of person, this is a bit too complicated for application and it makes it not be an immediate morning go-to product.
 
 
Bottom line: Highly recommended for a lip product lover for its pigmented shades, not as much for a very low-mainenance, neutral, no-touch-ups kind of girl.

11 comments:

  1. I've got two OCC lip tars in Melange and NSFW and I love both of them dearly, though the wear time is much shorter on me than it seems to be on many people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read 8h wear time but I'm not sure I got that much though I didn't pay that much attention to it. For me, as long as it looked OK and not all messed up and uneven by the end of the day, it's fine by me! It certainly was not intact when I finished work after drinking all day, having lunch, snack, etc. But it looked evenly worn out. lol

      Delete
  2. This is a really pretty and cute color on you! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful colour on you Candice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post.i have heard so much abt occ lip tars.esp the staying power.but after reading your review i believe not all is true abt the satying power(i heard smwhere that u might have to remove it with makeup remover).thanx fr the honest review.you look great in it.very fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Masha'allah your prettyyy!! Love your hair, and make up.. Im one of those that HATES heavy make up, i dont care how professional it is. Nothing is prettier than a fresh clean look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I also like the close-to-no-makeup look. If I ask my husband how my makeup looks, he always seems confused, like, "You're wearing makeup?" lol

      Delete
  6. this lip colour looks amazing on you!! i ended up picking up the little pouch with the 5 lip tars and i've worn them all already. i really like this product a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do a review or a demonstration/swatch post.

      Delete