Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Glossybox Canada Price Increase to 21$



I just got an email that Glossybox Canada was going to be increasing their prices from 15$ per month to 21$ per month to what they call "North America-wide pricing". The USA has been paying 21$ per month for their subscription and have been getting quite different boxes from our's. I'm thinking we will be getting the same stuff as they are from October on but I'm not sure.

People who are already subscribed Glossies will be getting October, the first month at 21$, for their regular 15$ before the price increase comes into effect.

I'm not happy about the increase. I don't think anyone can be happy with a 6$/month increase, though some are taking it better than others. I'm taking it pretty well. I'm excited to see what kind of box we get in October and I'm also taking it well because if it's not completely awesome, I will just unsubscribe and have one less box. I kind of wish they made it 21$/ 2 months. I think that paying 10.50$/month average is decent but to pay 21$ every month will start to feel heavy on the bank account and also it will become too many products someday soon!

The other thing that makes me a little bit unhappy is that as older clients, we aren't getting any sort of deal except the first month at 15$. Luxe box gave their older clients their new 26$ boxes for their old price of 12$ (so they saved 14$ on that first one) and Glymm grand-fathered their 10$ price for old subbers making them save 2$ each month over new subbers. We get a one-time 7$ break which is the very least they could have done. I really think they should have offered the new boxes for 19$ for old subbers. It's easier for us to take if it's under 20$ and it's also a reason to not unsub so we don't lose the special pricing. Oh well, their loss for making it so easy for everyone to unsub!!

How are you feeling about the increase? 

Are you unsubbing or giving them a chance to prove themselves with this new pricing? 

What do you think of the USA box reviews you might have seen around the blogosphere? 



11 comments:

  1. I got the email today and not sure what to think right now. I understand they want to make it universal but I really really hope that it will be worth it. I agree for the regular subscribers I wish they would have offered us some kind of deal and let all the newbies pay the full price. I have been gettig glossybox for almost a year now and being recognized for that would be great.

    I will see what the boxes will be like before unsubbing but I think they have to keep it up or else.

    I always wonder why some Glossyboxs are so much better then our so I hope they will live up to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep they definitely need to bring it!

      Delete
  2. Polish Glossyboxes are about $15.5 but we get less branded products. October Glossybox contained three products by Polish brands and only two by international but not very high-end ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So interesting to hear about Polish Glossybox. It sounds like what the Canada one is doing right now but it seems they will lean towards more high end brands soon...

      Delete
  3. I am probably going to cancel after the October Box. I thought $15 was high enough but when we are getting mostly drugstore items $21 is way to much money. I didnt get an email so thanks for posting this Candice!

    :)Chelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they will lay off the drugstore items with this new upgraded type box. They will need to if they don't want to lose absolutely every customer they have!

      Delete
  4. i think i will stay subscribed for a few more boxes and then cancel. there have been two u.s. glossyboxes that i would have LOVED to receive - the one with the burberry lip mist and the one with the illamasqua nail polish. however, at $21 per month, i could go out and buy a full size product that i *really* want every month or two. i love beauty boxes and the surprise of receiving different samples but i think a 40% price increase is a bit excessive. i would have liked to see glossybox grandfather the old price for existing subscribers for a little while longer.

    by the way, i e-mailed glossybox to ask if the canada box will be the same as the u.s. box going forward and they said no - the boxes will remain different so i guess they just wanted an excuse to up the price of the canada box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting about us getting different boxes still. They have a whole lot of pressure to make amazing boxes for us so hopefully they focus on that and go overboard with amazingness for us Canadian subbers!

      Delete
    2. I read on another blog the response from Glossybox re: items the same as our US sisters. They replied that the US Glossybox is a seperate entity and therefore would not have the same items in the Canadian box. That makes Glossbox look like liars. "North-American" pricing - they aren't aligning within their own companies, rather they are aligning with a company that shares nothing but the name (in their own words!)

      Delete
  5. looks like I cancelled just in time. I would NEVER pay 21 a month for the samples GB gives- dove galore, drug store brands galore! they're going to lose some customers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eesh, it better not be the same drugstore stuff! I have some hope that the contents will be quite different...

      Delete