Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Gift for my Mom

It's so hard to buy a decent gift for my mom. It's possible that I've never gotten her a gift she really likes - ever... I'm not exactly sure. But let's just say that every birthday and Christmas is an occasion to get her something that I feel confident she won't be that happy about. AND I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING. This Christmas maybe I should try NOTHING. ;)

For her birthday this weekend, I got her: 


Clinique Chubby Stick in strawberry something
Prestige My Biggest Lashes mascara in very black


Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream in light/medium


She doesn't wear that much makeup but she seems to like a little gloss or balm on a day to day basis and she regularl wears mascara, though not everyday. She doesn't wear foundation except for special occasions so I thought the Maybelline cream would be the perfect product to add to her small stash that wouldn't really change her routine much but would let her have a nicer complexion on a day to day basis.

She didn't make any very negative comments and she did try the products probably to make me feel like she appreciated it but I didn't get the feeling she really liked what she got. I hope she didn't take it the wrong way.... A couple years ago I got her a day cream and night cream and of course it was anti-aging, she's over 50! But she was really offended and took it as an insult equivalent to telling her she's looking old. I hope she didn't see makeup as a way of saying she looks like crap.

What do you guys get your moms for their birthdays? Do they normally like it? 

11 comments:

  1. Its always hard to buy for a parent and I usually end up getting her clothes, flowers or movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know the feeling - since my mother likes to tell me flat out that she dislikes the present and rather me just give her the money rather than buy her something. sometimes she'd even try to give me the gift back!
    moms are so hard to impress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom would've been insulted at money. She'd take it as though I'm telling her she's poor. LOL. Me and my brother got my dad a 3 month membership to the gym for his birthday (his was the 29, my mom the 30) but we didn't actually buy the membership because we wanted him to start it when he wanted so we gave him the money in a card and before reading that it was to be used for the membership, he seemed insulted at seeing money in his card!

      Delete
  3. My mom ususally tells me what she wants exactly for her birthday so i know she will like it.

    :)Chelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom should do that... Next year I'm going to tell her to go to the store and make a list of things she saw and might want to buy so we can pick from that... I'd tell her to to the same for Christmas but forget about it, she won't go to the store in December- too crowded.

      Delete
  4. I wish I were your mum! I'd be more than pleased with the Chubby Stick.
    Seriously speaking, my mum loves Korean BB creams. And Nars eyeshadows. I've just ordered Nars Underworld for her birthday. I hope she likes it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be so much fun to shop for your mom! :D My mom heard about the Korean BB creams from me and I think she was relieved when she found out what I got her was a drugstore brand she knew.

      Delete
  5. My mom always tell me what she wants for her birthday so I exactly know what she wants, she's picky that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. my dad is very hard to buy for... everything i buy him something i think he will like, he brushes it off. i tend to just buy him joke gifts now and he LOVES those. go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only fail proof gift I can get my mom is giftcards. Whatever works ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow nice stuffs....My mom is so fond of lipsticks so i always buys lipiies for her :)

    ReplyDelete