Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Welcome to the right month Glossybox Canada - September Edition

My husband was asking me how many Glossyboxes I receive each month when he saw this! lol. I got August at the beginning of the month, the re-box because of defective products in the middle of the month and here I am with a 3rd Glossybox this month!

I opened my box and let's just say I'M HAPPY!

Here's what I got:


The product card is off. It normally has typos and stuff but this time it's as though I got the wrong one or something. The card is for version one (Sep E V1). I'm not exactly sure what's going on. It says that I should have the Wella Mirror Polish shine serum and Mirror Polish shine spray but I have a Shimmer Delight (not Mirror Polish) shine spray and no serum. It doesn't write "full size" beside any of the products.


The products: 

Wella Shimmer Delight Finish Shine Spray, 40ml, FULL SIZE
worth: 12.99$

I'm looking forward to trying this. I don't put much in my hair but something to make it shiny and healthy-looking I'm willing to try!

B Kamins Lip Balm, 4g
worth: 5.60$ 
AND B Kamins Maple Body Lotion, 12ml
worth: 2.73$

I just tried the balm quick-quick and it seems very moisturizing but the next hours will be the real test. 

Dove cleartone anti-perspirant, 17g
worth: approx 1.70$ 

NYX "The Crimson Amulet Collection LE" palette
worth: 25$

This is the big ticket item of this month's Glossybox. Sorry for these next pictures being sideways... The program put them that way... You can see that it's book-syle and book-size. It came in a separate box that looks like the cover and the booklike palette itself was covered with another protective wrap. I really love the packaging on this! 

It contains a whole bunch of eyeshadows, a mirror, 5 blushes, 4 lip glosses, a shadow primer, an eyeliner and that beige colour is maybe a concealer, I didn't really check. 




TOTAL WORTH : 48.02$




18 comments:

  1. I so have my fingers crossed that I will get my box today since you got yours. I am in a burb of Montreal probably not far from you.

    Your not the only one who complained about not getting something in the box and I think it was the same product you were missing. I say email them.

    I am hoping to get that NYX and will be disappointed if I don't.

    Thankfully I am home during the day to get the mail so my husband has no idea what is coming in and the only time he sees my packages is when I am away but even then he doesn't say anything. Thankfully :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is ridiculous. It bugs him that I get 2 beauty boxes per month for myself since he doesn't think I should wear too much makeup or it bugs him if I buy a book since he thinks I should find it online for free. Meanwhile he'll spend hundreds of dollars on electronics (phone, computer, camera, games, TV) and I should not say a word. And this in a context of me paying all the house bills at the moment while he uses all his money and time on a side project and on himself. That was probably too much info but it does feel good to get it out.

      Delete
    2. Candice, don't worry about it and I am sure it felt good to let it out. Oh my gosh then your husband would probably freak at all my boxes I get monthly :0 For me I don't think my husband minds too much and I don't think he is fully aware how many come in...Really there is worse things we could be doing with the money right?

      Delete
  2. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I guess I kind of regret cancelling out of Glossybox this month. I thought my points would go towards september box before I cancelled. I guess not. Hopefully October will be just as good!!

    Samantha
    Nail Art Couture

    ReplyDelete
  3. you received great products! especially the NYX palette!

    http://confessionsofacanadianwallflower.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally regret cancelling with GlossyBox now over the last couple months! I signed back up today and it said that I am goin to receive the September box so here's hoping. Cause I really want that eye shadow palette!!!
    Great review!

    :) Chelsey
    My Beauty Full Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got the same box! I hope you have fun with the palette. My'ex' boyfriend was like your Hubs. He could buy a motorcycle but if I bought 'more' makeup or clothes oh no. LOL we are better friends.
    I found out from the GB facebook that we we're only supposed to get one of Sebestian products. They just put all the possible products on one card this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought too, especially when I read on their page that they only have 2 versions and saw that this seemed to be the difference.

      Delete
  6. hey candice - got the exact same things as you! i was ecstatic when i saw the nyx palette!! so much i can do with it!!
    also, i saw on Glossybox's Facebook that a lot of ppl were also confused about the Shine Serum and the Shine Spray. there are only 2 variations of the box this month, and you either got the serum or the spray. i guess GB thought it would save time if they'd just print the same card for everyone but a little clarification would've helped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't have the right person in charge of their cards I think. There are typos all the time and this month too, plus the clarity issue... It shouldn't be that hard to get it right! lol

      Delete
  7. That palette looks like so much fun. Question for the curious. What do you use all the actual boxes for? Storage? I love cute little boxes and I wondered how people use them. Might be worth a post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually made something with 3 of my old ones, I will have to post. It's not really done but knowing myself, it might never get done so I should just post about my "almost done" project since I'm using it and everything. lol

      Delete
  8. just opened mine and i am super happy!!! i love nyx products and this was such an amazing "sample" to include. the box could have been just the nyx palette and i would have been happy haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I finally threw my old cheap palette out that I got for like 5$ at Walmart that I could hardly pick any colour up from it was so hard and cheap and that the glosses were all disgusting. Now I have a brand new one and it's so much better in every way imaginable! YAY

      Delete
  9. This was a great box! It is just unfortunate that I'd already done a review of the NYX palette back in June! I was so sad that I already had the most exciting item in this month's Glossybox!

    I've been thinking about you this week and your first week back at work! I hope it went ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I saw some people link to your post. It's definitely not too exciting when you have the item already... At least it makes for a really cool gift for a person in your life if there's anyone interested in makeup!

      You're so sweet to have thought about me this week, I'm really touched!! :D I had a really good week, it was great getting back in regular touch with my co-workers who I also consider friends and great to switch up my routine.

      Delete
    2. I ended up selling the second palette to a co-worker of mine who loves it!

      I'm glad you had a good week catching up with everyone! It must be hard to have your routine change so suddenly and not have the kids 24-7, but like you said, change can be good too.

      Delete