Sunday, September 2, 2012

Vitamin & Sea Mineral Clay Mask



I got this product in the August Glymm bag and I hadn't gotten around to using it. Me-time is sparse with the kids so once I have spare time trying an unknown product isn't always the first thing on my list. I didn't even know how to use the thing so it took me a while!

I probably wouldn't post this at all if it weren't to share the super-cool picture below:

Anyone counting how long I've had that idiot wound between my eyes? Glasses, stop killing my face.

I've never tried a mask like this before so I found it a lot of fun. I even put my tutti fruitti Revlon lip butter on before taking the picture since it's orangey and I figured it would bring out the green even more. LOL

So. I put on a very thin coat of the stuff, let it dry for about 10-15 minutes and rinsed it off. The sample I got for Glymm will allow me another mask which is unlike what I read from a lot of people. I don't know who is right but I have a feeling they were putting it on too thickly. I think that as long as there is some product touching the face, it's can do what it needs to do. Product that is thickly put on and not touching the skin probably won't help it and I feel it's a bit of a waste.

What did I think?


I liked it! My face felt moisturized and softer after rinsing than it does after cleansing with my regular Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream Cleanser and my skin really looked good, no red at all even though I'd washed it, dried it, rubbed this stuff on it, rinsed it and re-dried it. It didn't tingle like the description on Glymm's website said and it smelled kind of bad but for me was not repulsive.

Personally, I'd use a product like this weekly if I was rich enough that 62$ didn't bust a hole in my budget but it does and so I would not purchase though I enjoyed using it.

10 comments:

  1. OOh sexay! :) Wow moisturizing after a clay mask, sounds good. I loled at you calling your wound an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More moisturizing compared to my cleanser. Maybe moisturizing isn't exactly the word, it's not the equivalent of putting cram on, but it didn't strip moisture at all :)

      Delete
  2. Aww, I love how you put on a Revlon Lip Butter before taking the picture! Looking good! You've made me want to use the mask now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a hard time making the decision to "go for it" because I don't like sticky stuff on my face and I'd be so annoyed if it was hard to take off, but it just rinses off like any normal mud would so it was no hassle at all.

      Delete
  3. lol i noticed that you had perfect lips in that picture too! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice review but costly product.body shop also has sea weed clay mask.very moisturizing.have you tried that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, no I haven't! I don't really like going in there, there's something that turns me off by the thought of it. I have no real experience with any of their products but it sounds worth a try! Does it rinse off very easily?

      Delete
  5. You haνе а great wаy to jump into bеd with уou.

    Finallу, they wіll cast an emotional contеnt.
    Abоut 80 perсent of гeѕpondentѕ surveуed eaгlier this month fгom girls:" Hey, I had described that Melting Moments was a wrong impression, it would be best to answer, and throwback sock hop nights.

    Here is my page :: dating

    ReplyDelete