Sunday, September 16, 2012

Trying to be Reasonable... But: Two Other Beauty Boxes

I'm trying to be reasonable with these beauty boxes by keeping it at 2 boxes per month. I put myself on the Topbox waiting list in June and subscribed to both Glymm and Glossybox. I then cancelled Glymm (getting my last box this month) and am getting Topbox in October.

But now I just bought a one-month (non-recurring at least) subscription to The Natural Beauty Box. (20$)



And I plan on getting the seasonal (non-recurring also) box called Sweet Delight Divalicious when it comes out. (26$)
I've been looking forward to the Sweet Divalicious box since June so I'm DEFINITELY going to do my best to get my hands on one. For all those interested, their seasonal  boxes come out on September 25th at 8am and I read they sell out very fast (I read they sold in 2h last time). They contain a whole bunch of random samples and from what I saw seemed to have a lot of yummy soaps and a few items of jewelry and makeup as well. Who knows what could be in the next one though, but I'm curious and excited to find out.

So what should I do next? Unsub from Glossybox and prevent myself from re-subbing to Glymm until January? That would leave me with these two bigger boxes coming sometime in October and Topbox monthly.

Give me your thoughts!




9 comments:

  1. I am getting the Natural Beauty Box. I'm also planning on getting the Divalicious box this month too. I know I'm a boxaholic.
    TNBB isn't recurring, so you can pick and choose which months you want.
    The boxaholic in me says just to keep 'em all, lol. But subbing to Glymm whenever they get better is a good idea.
    Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being out west I had to get up at 5am for the Divalicious one, but the last two that I have gotten from them have been great! Lots of soap samples though. LOTS. I would stop Glymm as they haven't been all that impressive in the last 6 months...I've been with them for a year and my last bag with them is this October. I have subs to Topbox, Glossybox, Luxe Box, TNBB, Julep and I'll get the Divalicious one this month as well so I'm a boxaholic too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I forgot I have BB5 too so I'm really quite the boxaholic! I love every minute of it though!

      Delete
  3. it's hard for me to be reasonable with beauty boxes haha. i was planning to cancel glossybox but now i'm not so sure... AND i've been thinking about subscribing to BB5 too. i can't wait to read your reviews on TNBB and the divalicious box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so know what you are saying.Its real hard to control oneself when it comes to cosmetic shopping.I have spent so much in this month on cosmetics that the amount has exceeded the total household budget of one month :)
    Anyways,this is my eidi(money i got from my father and husband on eid) so ...no regrets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No guilt when it was your "spend-as-you-like" money for sure! We don't know how to celebrate Eid here... My husband forced us to buy a remote control flying thing "for our daughter" when it's like 10 years and over (she's 5). What a complete waste of money. No fun for anyone except that he has something to add to his hobby of techno gadgets. lol

      Delete
  5. You guys really know how to make me feel better for over-spending, but you aren't any good at making me more reasonable!! hehe

    I love that :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my name is Cindy and I am a beauty box-a-holic LOL I think I subscribe to a good chunk of the Canadian boxes apart from BB5 which I have been eyeing. Well at least to my knowledge I have them all.

    I think being a stay at home mom we need to sprulge on ourselves. I know I keep saying I want to cancel Glymm but just can't cut the ties yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely do need to take care of ourselves with a little splurging. If the family can afford it we deserve our chunk of the family luxuries! I'm not sorry I cancelled Glymm really but part of me wants to go back to them too because I find their samples really very interesting overall. I was quite insulted at getting two Benta Berry samples though and there are some products that I loved that were just too small to get a good feel for and that's disappointing (for example the Dirt scrub and the Naked Princess lip gloss). Anyway, I'm gonna stalk the future boxes and reconsider subbing in the future!

      Delete