Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Bit More About Myself

I wrote up an introduction as my first ever post on this blog (SEE HERE) and gave some information about myself but not that much, and I had no readers back then so I figure practically no one read it.

My blogging habits might be changing soon too so this is a good post to let you know about that!


SO, the basic stuff


I'm Candice, I live and was born in Quebec, Canada. I'm 25 years old and mom of two kids, a daughter who started KG (she's 5) and a baby boy who will soon be 1 year old. I've been married for nearly 7 years to my Egyptian husband. We met online and got married within 2 weeks of meeting in real life when I went to Egypt between semesters at 19 years of age.

I normally work full time in a financial institution but I've been on maternity leave for the past 11 months. I am going back to work after all this time next Monday, September 24 and I'm a little bit sad and a little bit scared. I don't really want to go back because I love my little routine with my kids and taking care of things around the home but it needs to happen! Part of me is excited too though to regain my independence. This is the part that explains the possible changes in my blogging habits since I will have less time to dedicate to it.

Other than that, I like to go to take part in activities, go to festivals, take walks. All sorts of normal controlled activities. I'm no party animal but I like to be goofy and have fun. I have a wide variety of interests but no real intense passion which has always been the thing I desire most. I get interested in things easily but it comes and goes. I wish I could have less interest for most things but lots of interest for one thing, you know?

Other than that... beauty related


I've never been very "makeup and beauty" and everyone who has heard about my blog is mostly surprised. I'm the girl who has refused to wear brand-named clothing since childhood and who went from a sporty-tomboy kid and teen to a young get-out-quick-in-the-morning type of mom.

I have to admit that before quite recently, I wore no makeup at all on a daily basis and didn't even moisturize regularly. I had dry, sensitive, irritated, patchy-looking skin and had no idea what to do with it. My cousin has a beauty salon and she gave me a couple samples of products she sells at her salon and OMG they changed my life! My skin had barely changed with the Laroche Posay cream I was using (which is a good cream!) but with her products, it changed dramatically and within a couple weeks I actually had soft, hydrated skin, no real irritations and only minor redness. And that sparked my passion and blog which, with the help of you guys started to include makeup and what is now my favourite thing ever, BB creams!

The thing I like most about beauty online is the quest for a great products. I really really enjoy reading reviews, discovering new products and trying new ones myself. Makeup is not only about enhancing my appearance anymore, there's a whole new dimension of discovery now in trying different things and comparing them to others and there's just actual enjoyment now when I get ready in the morning. It's like a little something I do for me that brings me joy. It's a hobby that has the side-benefit of making me look and feel better :)

To anyone who got to the end of this, thank you for reading! Please tell me a little more about yourself as well, I'd love to get to know you! What do you do? Work, study, stay at home? Are you in a relationship, do you have kids? What brought you to beauty blogs?



8 comments:

  1. Wow that was really interesting!! how did you plan a wedding so quickly? that is so amazing! and how has it been since your daughter started kindergarten? I heard it's sometimes really hard for the parents :)

    so i thought i'd throw in a few sentences about myself :)
    i am currently unemployed - about to start getting serious about my career though. i took some time off after getting my bachelor degree last year. i am also 25 and have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for over 6 years.
    and blogging - i really started because i subscribed to the beauty boxes and it was just so exciting seeing and sharing with others what i got. and from there, i started enjoying trying new things and hearing recommendations from others.
    in high school, my English teachers praised my creativity and writing in my stories. i really enjoyed it then but forgot about it during university. now i feel like, i've found another way to express myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there was no wedding, just paper signing... Yeah, it kinda sucked. My daughter is doing so great with KG, she loves it and the structure is doing her a lot of good. She's kind of hyperactive so this is exactly what she needs.

      Thank you so much for sharing about yourself! I read it all when you posted it but have been so busy with the kids and my return to work! I'm here 15 mins early this morning and that's how I found time.

      Delete
  2. love your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for letting us know a little bit more about you :) I wish you success in your return to work, and I completely understand having a bit less time to dedicate to blogging as I'm in the same boat since I returned to school in an accelerated program-- my blog is falling by the way side and I feel so sad about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved reading this post. thanks for sharing! you probably already know some of this but i'm married with no kids... well, we have 2 fur-babies... lulu the chihuahua and truffle the bunny. i work full-time and i'm not studying right now but i did have a momentary lapse in judgement when i thought about registering for a pretty intensive course (i eventually decided not to). i've always worn make-up but it's been mostly drug store stuff - i'm starting to venture into trying a few high end brands and i really enjoying experimenting with different looks. my beauty blog was intended to be a fashion blog but i found via my youtube channel that my audience was not the demographic i was hoping for so i moved pretty quickly into beauty (and beauty boxes in particular haha). i was nervous at first because it's hard to put yourself out there but i've been really loving "meeting" like-minded people - i'm happy the beauty community is so supportive! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beauty community really is awesome. I started this blog just for fun, never thinking about the other blogs it would link me to and the people I'd meet but now this is my favourite aspect of blogging. It's completely different than the community on my other blog, though I've met lots of awesome people there too.

      You should do some fashion posts even if it's no longer the main subject. I'm sure people would be really interested! What do you study? Is this a program that will lead to a career or mostly something to gain knowledge?

      Delete
    2. thanks for the encouragement... maybe i will start doing a few more outfit posts. it's hard sometimes because my hubby complains about having to take photos for me... i'll ask him again nicely. he says i'm too picky with the photos. i can use a tripod but it's a bit of a hassle.

      i used to study finance and i wrote the first 2 levels of the cfa exams quite a number of years ago. i kind of wanted to finish the exams (even though i'm not in that industry) so i considered registering to write level 3 but i decided against it because for a whole whack of reasons. i'm happy with my decision as i think writing level 3 would have caused a lot of stress and i don't even want to pursue that line of work.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this fabulous blog post. It's so nice to get to know our fellow bloggers this way. I think you've come a long way really quickly!! I'm proud to share this community with you. Your honest opinions and integrity are such a great asset to the beauty community!

    ReplyDelete